Last year’s SMG meeting was a huge success – so we’ve decided to make it an annual event from now on! Our second meeting is already in the starting blocks – this is your chance to meet other outdoor-minded women, make new friends and try out different outdoor activities! For this we will meet up on June 24 in the beautiful Bernese Oberland near Grindelwald and hike together to the Berghotel Faulhorn, where we will spend the night. There are plenty of opportunities to get to know other outdoor-loving women while hiking or enjoying a cozy get-together in the evening!
Arrival and options on Saturday
We meet at the bus stop Grosse Scheidegg (1962 m.a.s.l.) at 10:45 am. From there the route is first quite flat over Alp Grindel (approx. 2000 m.a.s.l.). We then hike steeper uphill towards Bachalpsee (2266 m.a.s.l.), where we will take a break together. The last 400 hm go past the ice-blue Bachalpsee and in the last ascent up to our destination, the Berghotel Faulhorn (2680 m.a.s.l.). The approx. 900 meter high ascent stretches over 12 km and takes about 5 hours (including breaks). You can see the exact route below thanks to our partner Komoot.
After a well-deserved break, there will be a small program in the evening in which you can participate. Our team offers you the following short sessions free of charge:
- Julia will offer a photo and video workshop where she will give you tips and tricks on how to create exciting short videos or pictures of your trips with your mobile phone or camera.
- Viktoria will offer a short meditation session in the fresh mountain air to bring you fully into the here and now.
- Ariane will bring a small selection of painting supplies and offer a painting workshop.
- Alternatively, you can take a short walk around the hut, super nice for sunset!
- Tip: Bring your favourite card game!
For Sunday, the area offers a variety of possibilities. We would therefore like to try to form small groups with interested women for the activities below. These are of course optional, you can also just hike down. We will organize the groups for Sunday after your registration, only for point 1, the climbing tour, you must already indicate your interest in the form below.
- Easy climbing/high altitude tour on the Reeti with mountain guide from outdoor.ch, costs for mountain guide: CHF 300 per person with 3 participants, all price info directly under the link above. Please indicate in the form below if you are interested (without obligation), we have already reserved a mountain guide for the date. After that we will contact all interested people and connect you with outdoor.ch for the definite booking. This must be done by June 9th.
- Via ferrata on the Schwarzhorn, level K2-K3, on your own responsibility and with your own equipment – not guided or organised by us! A head for heights is a prerequisite, only recommended with previous experience on via ferratas.
- Hike back towards the First mountain station, from there either descent to Grindelwald via MountainCart (21 CHF) or Trotti-Bike (21 CHF) or by gondola (34 pp one way ) . For those who feel like cooling off beforehand, you can also take a refreshing dip in the Bachalpsee on the way!
- Our descent can take place together or individually. The easiest and fastest hiking route down into the valley is from Faulhorn to Bussalp. From there you can simply take the bus, which runs once every hour from 9.25 am to 4.35 pm and 6 pm (extra cost of CHF 27 / CHF 13.50 with Half fare / GA).
Info and costs at a glance
Here you will find a summary of all the information about accommodation, dates and costs, registration and the general conditions. One thing first: We do not earn anything from the event, because we take over the organization completely voluntarily. The costs mentioned are the actual accommodation and catering costs of the hut. If you enjoyed the weekend, we would of course be very happy about a tip via TWINT! We will share more information on this at or after the weekend.
Costs at the hut
- 77.- CHF (hut is family owned and not SAC member).
- Marching tea CHF 4 / litre available, packed lunches available at extra charge.
- Mobile devices can be charged for a small fee of CHF 1.
- Cash or card payment possible.
Info on the accommodation
- Price includes overnight stay, dinner and breakfast (vegetarian option possible, please specify when booking, please also specify if you have allergies).
- Accommodation in shared room (hut sleeping bag / inner sleeping bag obligatory, we also recommend earplugs!).
- Zurich HB to Grosse Scheidegg 7:10 a.m. (40 CHF with Half-Fare)
- Lucerne HB to Grosse Scheidegg 08:06 (33 CHF with half-tax)
- Bern HB to Grosse Scheidegg 7:34 hrs or 08:04 hrs (40 CHF with half-tax)
- Basel SBB to Grosse Scheidegg 6:06, 6:16, 6:28 or 6:56 (44 CHF with half-tax)
- Additionally for all on Saturday: Bus ride Grindelwald – Grosse Scheidegg or Schwarzwaldalp – Grosse Scheidegg (13.50 / 27 CHF)
To register, please fill in the form below by 09 June at the latest. Please note that your registration is binding. However, you can cancel your registration free of charge until Fr. 16.06.2023 at the latest. After that you will be charged the full amount and your data will be forwarded to the hut warden for payment. IMPORTANT: We really ask for fair play, otherwise we will not be able to organise such events in the future.
We will send you more information about the meeting point etc. before the event. The event will also take place in case of rain. If there is a risk of thunderstorms or severe bad weather, we will cancel the event by 20.06.2022. We look forward to meeting some of you great Mountain Girls from our community in person this weekend!
We are currently fully booked – but you can sign up for the waiting list!
In case you experience a problem with the form below, please send us an email to email@example.com !